Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gobble

Well, it's Sunday and I'm working on my project. If I don't get it together it will not be a present this year. Thanksgiving was fabulous. I was sewing last night and reflecting on the way I came upon Paddy and Patrick who are my most favorite people. LOVE LOVE LOVE them... But the first meeting was a little sketchy. I accepted my first temp position from Aberdeen Express Personnel and was not happy about it. You know me, I'm anti-Harbor because there seems to never be work that pays over minimum wage. I signed up at the Olympia Express and the owner there also owns Aberdeen and sent my stuff down to the Aberdeen office. Low and behold a job comes up in Satsop and I am scheduled to interview this project manager. Well, I got dressed up-ish, high heels and drove out to Invenergy. Clearly I was so overdressed as this was a construction site. No paved roads, no nice offices... I'm instantly aware of how stupid I look and I'm nervous as hell now. SO... the project manager Chris really didn't have much to say accept that they had gone through 4 temps and all he wanted from me was a commitment to stay and finish the contract. Minutes later this shorty little silver haired guy comes out of his office with a very serious face. Oh my God I was scared of this person. He asked some random stuff but was so damn serious. Oye... So I agreed to stay on and started the next day. Within the first week I immediately really liked these two crazy characters and our friendship blossomed. I am so glad. Paddy and Patrick bring so much to my life. Needless to say, we had in my opinion a good holiday. Getting up at the crack of dawn had it's downside but pleasantly, after the game was over we realized we had the entire day to do whatever. God bless the Mimosa! I thank Patrick for helping Brucey put up Christmas lights and haul pellets, a task I wasn't looking forward to helping with. I thank my Paddy for conversation, laughter and most of all, insight!!! Okay, Christmas, bring it on!

0 comments: